The Prison Education FoundationTM mission is to transform the lives of incarcerated men and women by encouraging educational achievement and providing post-secondary educational opportunities.
The Prison Education FoundationTM purpose is to provide incarcerated men and women with the opportunity to earn a collegiate education from a fully accredited institution of higher learning. To this end, we seek to do the following:
- To provide a portal of access to higher education for prisoners.
- To provide associate and baccalaureate degree opportunities consistent with the aspirations of the student.
- To provide prison education departments with post-secondary educational resources and assistance.
- To provide a long-term mentoring and support connection back to the prisoner’s community.
- To serve prisons, prisoners and the public interest as a center of innovation, information and advocacy on behalf of prisoner students.